You want your kids to soak up the beauty and excitement of the great outdoors, but as a parent, you probably worry about how to keep them fully protected from the sun’s harmful rays. In addition to regular sunscreen application, a Panama Jack® sun hat is the solution!
Children have more sensitive skin, so it’s essential for parents to help children develop good sun-protection habits, like wearing sun hats, from the very start. A huge factor in sun protection for kids, sun hats often come in protective UPF fabric and typically feature wide brims that can protect the back of children’s necks as well as their faces.
What’s more, the right hat protects your child from the sun’s rays and comes in styles they’ll love—all without breaking the bank. And Panama Jack® has the whole family covered with everything from kid’s bucket hats to flap caps for infants.
BEAT THE HEAT IN STYLE: Keep the sun out of your child's face and protect their skin from damaging UVA/UVB rays under the comfort of our hats’ breathable, lightweight material. Discover the road to sun protection with Panama Jack®.
FUNCTIONALITY: With its adjustable fit toggles and break-away chin cord straps, Panama Jack® beach hats are conveniently designed for kids to ensure maximum comfort and wearability.
AN ESSENTIAL FOR ALL SEASONS: When your kids are spending their day outdoors—whether playing in the yard, swimming in the pool, or building sand castles on the beach—it is important to keep them covered. Panama Jack’s sun hats for children fit the bill. Ideal for sun protection and a trendy look to match, this Panama Jack® cap combines top quality, functionality, and unmatched style that your kid (and you!) will love.
Whether vacationing at the beach or enjoying time with friends in your own backyard, your next escape is right around the corner. Be ready for each new adventure with Panama Jack®.
What you need to look for when buying sun hats for kids:
When you’re choosing the perfect hat, look for these features:
- Wide brim: The wider the brim of the hat you choose for your child, the more sun you will be able to block. It is important to remember that a brim with a downward slope will provide the most sun protection. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a hat with an all-around three-inch brim, to offer coverage for your child’s face, neck, and ears.
- Eye protection: Hats can block as much as half of all UV rays from your child’s eyes and eyelids. Neck flaps: Toddler sun hats that have added neck flaps are an excellent feature providing a significant amount of extra protection.
- Fabric: Cotton is a great choice when you are looking for a sun hat that is both lightweight and breathable. Other good choices include, nylon, polyester and straw, for a light feel, as well as fabrics that offer UPF protection, which is especially important for beach wear.
- Comfort: Is your child’s hat comfortable and does it have some stretch and give to it? Since your baby or toddler has to wear the hat, it needs to be soft and comfortable.
- UPF rating: Lots of sun hats include UPF-rated fabric, which is treated to resist the sun and block UV rays to help decrease your child’s skin exposure risk. Most Panama Jack® kid’s hats offer UPF 50 sun protection, the ideal level of protection according to The Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Adjustability: Look for a hat that is adjustable at the head or has an elasticized inner band.
- Chin cord: Think about getting a hat that has an adjustable chin cord (chin strap) because that will help it to stay in place.
- Packability: You may want to look for something that you can pack flat for a weekend away or a longer summer vacation.
Wearing a protective sun hat is one key to preventing painful sunburns and long-term skin damage. That said, having your child get used to wearing a hat regularly can be even trickier than choosing the perfect hat.
Here are some strategic tips on how to make hat wearing a habit for your children from the very start:
MAKE IT FUN
Help your kid associate hat wearing with fun outdoor activities, such as playing outside, going to see friends, taking your dog for a walk, or going out to get a treat.
Sometimes, though, you may need to be a bit sneaky. If you can put your child’s hat on while they are engaged in another activity they enjoy, like playing a game or watching a favorite movie, they might not even notice that you’ve put their hat on before you head out the door.
Show your kid how fun hat wearing can be by getting the whole family involved. Your kids likely watch and copy everything you do, so if you are always wearing a hat while spending time outdoors, your children will see that hat wearing is something that everyone does, and they’ll be less likely to resist. It is especially helpful for older siblings to be modeling hat wearing, as well.
MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY
Kids love to fuss and fidget, which can make keeping a hat on their head feel impossible. When babies wear hats from the very start, it begins to feel natural and they are far more likely to wear hats without a struggle as they get older. For added security, opt for a hat with an adjustable chin strap. These make it a whole lot harder for toddlers, who are often clever escape artists, to take their hats off. Everyone loves having a choice, including kids. If your children can get used to choosing a hat that they want to wear along with their outfit for the day, it will go a long way towards making hat wearing a fun habit.
MAKE IT FUNCTIONAL
As important as color and style are, size is important too. If a hat is too small it will come right off the top of your child’s head, and if the hat is too big, it will block their vision, and they will figure out a way to take the hat off. Find a hat for your child that fits well and is comfortable, and you have got a keeper.
SPF sunscreen protection is critical, but there’s no greater match against the sun’s harmful rays than a high SPF sunscreen paired with a high UPF sun hat. This combination provides your child with maximum sun protection. Purchase a range of kids' beach hats as you prepare for your family summer vacations and year-round weekend outings. At Panama Jack®, we have a wide selection of sun hats for kids to meet your every need.
Still not sure which sun hat is right for your child? Our friendly customer service team would be happy to help you find the perfect one. Give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to assist you. Order your child’s new beach hat today and get ready for fun in the sun! Panama Jack® – A Kinder Sun™
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.